Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Intuitive Systems Online Reading Library


One of my very favorite areas of the Web is Project Gutenberg, run by Dr. Michael Hart at Illinois Benedictine College. The goal of the project is to distribute public domain copies of literature and documents where the copyright has expired. There's a tremendous range of stuff available already, hundreds of books, famous speeches, letters, and more. Great stuff.

The only drawback is that almost all of it is plain text, without any formatting at all. As a result, as I have the time, I have started translating some of my favorite material in the library so that it is attractive and easily read here on the Web. Please, have a look!

Note: I have chosen to keep all of these as single files, even when they've become quite extraordinarily long Web pages. The main reason for this is that once you've downloaded the page, you can save it, send it to your handheld, or what-have-you, without any fuss.

No comments: