Monday, November 29, 2004

FolderShare - Secure Remote Access VPN Solution

FolderShare - Secure Remote Access VPN Solution
FolderShare, My Hero

Of all the products I've tried and talked about, FolderShare is the one I still use. That's because even the freebie version is handy-dandy for popping a handful of files over to, say, my daughter. It lets you queue up to three files to transfer online. Once queued, the files are transferred one after another without you having to manually intervene.

The only significant downside is in a separate feature that allows you to create a file library on your PC and share those files with friends and colleagues. The program limits your sharing to just two libraries of files and you can't have more than 1500 files in a library. But this isn't a big deal, especially for free. (BTW, there's no time limitation on the trial version--which is why I call it a freebie.)

No comments: