Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Firefox Extensions Converted Me

Most everyone I know - including myself - is switching from IE to Firefox. It took me the longest time to make the switch because I could not find a spell checker for Firefox (like ieSpell for IE). Plus there was no Google bar available except the one that comes with it which is OK for searching but I missed the IE version because of the features it had.

But now that's all changed!

SpellBound is an extension for Firefox 0.9+. This allows you to spell check forms (e.g. a comment on a message board, etc.) before submitting them when using Firefox. There are no special system requirements beyond those to run Firefox 0.9 or above and it has been verified to work with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

Googlebar was created to address the widespread desire for the Google toolbar to support Mozilla, since many users of Mozilla enjoy having all of Google's specialty searches in one convenient location.

After surfing Firefox's extension page, I have found many extensions that will definitely help me out when just using the browser for personal or business use.

No comments: